Freelance Audiobook Editor/Proofer
Audiobook editors take over the production process once the narration has been recorded. They are responsible for taking a deep look at all of the audio and making sure it is not only clean but also free of mistakes and entertaining to listen to. They are the last line before the projects goes to mastering and retail.
We are seeking freelance audiobook editors for future projects. Candidates should be extremely proficient in Pro Tools and have experience editing audio for professional clients. The ideal candidate would also be someone who is interested in books and audiobooks. (If you don’t have any experience with audiobooks, we understand, but we suggest that you take a listen to some sample clips at www.audible.com before contacting us about this position.)
This is a freelance position and all projects are work for hire and off site. Moving forward for people in the Boston area, we will be needing more and more help at our studio in Arlington, and other positions are sure to open up.
- Editing audio for audiobook projects
- Cleaning up any clicks and pops in the audio, editing out certain breaths, and editing in spacing where needed
- Final proofing and correcting of all mistakes
- Following guidelines and specifications for audio delivery
- Experience working on voice over, spoken word, or audiobooks is strongly encouraged
- Education in audio production and engineering is preferred
- A love for books and maybe even audiobooks
- Must have own Pro Tools equipment
- Ability to transfer large files via Dropbox
- Strong communication skills